We're Engaged!


Christian and I are engaged and I couldn't be happier! Wednesday, November 27 was the best day of my life thus far, it was truly amazing. I cannot get over how blessed I am to have such a kind and loving man to call mine forever. Christian has the biggest heart of anyone I know, sometimes I feel like I don't deserve his humble soul. My love for him is completely indescribable and grows stronger each day. I'm just so darn lucky. And now, on to more gushy stuff... the proposal!

A little preface: Christian and I have been seriously talking about getting engaged since the beginning of the year so I had hoped it was coming sometime soon. We did things a little backward and found a venue before the engagement because I was so in love with it and didn't want it to get booked up. I had a feeling the proposal would be coming in November/December because that's what we had talked about but I had no idea exactly when it would be. I was such a meanie and had been bugging the crud out of him about it a couple days before. He was supposed to go to Idaho to visit his mom and step-dad for Thanksgiving so I knew that if he left town without doing it that it wouldn't happen for awhile, I was just growing so impatient!! In reality though, I had a gut feeling it would happen the weekend of December 6-8 because we are going to Las Vegas with my family. I even scheduled a nail appointment beforehand so that the nails would be photo ready, boy did he fool me! Don't worry, I still had polished nails ;)


I picked him up from his dad's house around 11:30 am on Wednesday to go to the airport. I was so antsy the whole time thinking how hard it would be to spend another Thanksgiving without each other (after 4 years...). I kept bugging him about printing his boarding pass beforehand because the airport would be crowded and I didn't want him to miss his flight. He kept telling me, "No, I'll be fine". I figured this was just him being stubborn. We arrived at the airport with his (fake) suitcase and (fake) carry on, unloaded everything, and I sadly kissed him goodbye.

I headed home and felt guilty about my pouting so I called him about an hour later to apologize. I left him a voicemail and quickly got a response that he was in the security line. A few minutes later he texted me, "Alright babe I'm boarded and ready to roll :) I'll text you when I land. Love you baby :)". After I made sure he had landed and had listened to my apologetic voicemail I laid down for a little nap.

My dad woke me up around 4 telling me that our original plans to meet my mom's family for dinner had been pushed back a little bit. My grandpa is being inducted into the Arizona Farmer/Rancher Hall of Fame and apparently the organization needed a photo of my dad in front of Hanger Park, a park dedicated to my family, before the weekend. I grabbed my camera and my parents, brother, and I headed to the park before dinner to take the photo. I was totally exhausted and had just thrown my hair in a bun, little did I know I was about to get proposed to... good thing he loves me no matter my hairstyle haha!
















We turned down the main road near the park and I glanced over to see a man standing under a tree amongst some balloons. I immediately thought that someone was having a party or maybe getting engaged but nothing really clicked with me. I turned the other way again and could feel us pulling into the parking area where the man was standing. I then turned back and said to my mom with teary eyes, "Is that CHRISTIAN?!". She nodded her head yes as I sat in the car hysterically crying. After a couple of minutes of sitting there in shock, I wiped away my mascara tears and got out of the car. As I walked toward Christian I was still so confused as to how this had happened, he was supposed to be in Idaho! He was so cute standing there, smiling at me with his hands folded perfectly. I couldn't stop hugging him and kept saying, "Is this real? I can't believe this!". Poor guy could hardly talk because I was interrupting with hugs, kisses, and amazement. He made a sweet speech about us and the importance of Hanger park. I was so close to my grandparents who have both passed away so it was touching to hear him talk about them watching over us and being a part of that day. He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, of course I said yes! Christian had the ring designed so I was staring at it as he put it on me. It's gorgeous, so perfect! He also brought along our memory box that he made me a couple of years ago. It contains papers with memories made over the years together and other things that symbolize our relationship. We wrote the memory of our engagement down on a canvas that he had bought and turned around to see my cousin Tracy taking pictures as well as my good friends Jaclynn and Sterling. I was so happy to have it all documented through photos and to have the people I love there!

Guys, he even designed the whole little setup himself. Went to Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Party City, and even chose a color scheme. It was the best little display, he's a keeper!







Phew, if you made it through that I'm impressed. Now here's what I need from you all- an opinion on how involved the blog should be with the planning the wedding. Would you, as readers, like to hear about how I'm staying organized and on top of things? Or how I'm choosing vendors? Or what style and decor I'm going with, etc.? Just wondering if that'd be of interest... Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment